At Casa and Playa Blanca we are passionate about the conservation and sustainability of this special resource. With this in mind, we observe the following practices:
- Composting of all organic matter.
- Providing purified drinking water in reusable bottles in guest rooms and boat coolers, in an effort to reduce plastics. Our water is purified on site via state of the art reverse osmosis system with UV filter, and is delicious and completely safe to drink.
- Complementing island generator use with both solar and wind power.
- Practicing and teaching proper catch and release techniques on all game species.
- Utilizing efficient four stroke motors for our flats skiffs in order to minimize toxic emissions.
- Working together with various conservation organizations such as the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust on their “Project Permit”, a tagging effort aimed at gathering data on our local permit and bonefish populations, migrations, growth and spawning patterns.